1. Bien Cuit‘s baguette has serious crunch and excellent salinity. Believe the hype.
2. It’s amazing how much soup you can make with bits and bobs from the fridge. I have the 8 qt. full of chunky kale kielbasa soup, the 5 qt. full of smooth butternut ginger cardamom soup.
3. I didn’t peel the carrots or the potatoes. The soup will be Sunday casual.
4. Rutabaga! Why don’t I cook you more often? I don’t know.
5. Tomorrow morning I get to have pastries I made from an upcoming SAVEUR recipe (OMG so good, just you wait).
6. I would make the most amazing wife to myself.